Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.

News You Can Use from the Eccles Library

Requesting an Interlibrary Loan (ILL)

by Julie Zecher on 2019-08-20T08:36:00-04:00 | Comments

When you find the title of a book, journal article, or report that is not available in the NWC Library collections, you can initiate a cooperative loan from another institution by filling out an Interlibrary Loan form.  Library staff will do their best to obtain the item on loan from another institution.  Note that it can take up to two weeks to get a book from another institution.  Request ILLs for books early in the research process!

The ILL Form is in the Classic Catalog on the NWC Library homepage. 







Filling out the ILL Form

  • What is the item type of the material you are looking for?  Book, journal article, or report?
  • Fill out as much bibliographic data as you have available.
  • For books, include author, title, publisher, and year.
  • For journal articles, include the article title, the name of the journal, author, volume and issue number, and pages if you have them.  
  • For reports, include the title of the report, publisher of the report, and the year.
  • Include your NWC Library keytag number at the end of the form in the space for an ID.
  • Hit SEND.

 Add a Comment



Enter your e-mail address to receive notifications of new posts by e-mail.


  Return to Blog
This post is closed for further discussion.