BOOK PICKUP PROCEDURES (Curbside/Contactless Pick Up)
Upon reopening the Naval War College Library collections will be open to the public. The library will still provide curbside/contactless pickup and all items must be requested through the NWC Library online catalog. All items, including reference books, bound and current periodicals, do not circulate. These procedures only pertain to items owned by the Naval War College. Interlibrary loans will be handled differently due to security concerns.
Book Pick-up and Return Procedures for Patrons
1. Patrons will place items on hold in the NWC Library Primo Discovery website.
2. Access Services staff will pull items from shelf; check items out to patron; and place items in bag labeled with patron’s name. Patron will be notified by email if requested items are unavailable.
3. Access Services staff will notify patrons by email when checked out items are available for pick up.
4. Pick up location: Hewitt North Entrance across from the gravel parking lot.
5. Pick up times: Mon-Friday 0800-1600.
a. Items will be checked back in and returned to stacks if not picked up in five (5) business days.
b. Contact Access Services Staff (firstname.lastname@example.org) if unable to make designated pick up times.
6. To maintain safety precautions, patrons will retrieve their own items from the book cart while continuing to practice NWC safety measures (ie wearing a mask and maintaining at least 6’ distance from other patrons and Access Services staff).
Items may be returned at any time by placing them in the ‘Book Return’ located at the Circulation Desk, or in the book return bin located inside the Hewitt North entrance doors.
1. Access the library catalog: Primo VE
2. Login to your library account. Instructions on logging in can be found here
3. To find items available at the NWC Library make sure to select “Library Catalog” in the search bar’s drop-down menu. Then select the item you would like to place on hold to access the item information page
4. Under the “How to Get It” section, select ‘Hold Request’.
5. Select ‘Send Request’ to route hold request to Circulation department.
6. Hold requests can be tracked, modified, or cancelled in the “My Requests” section:
Questions? Contact the Access Services Department at email@example.com