BOOK PICKUP PROCEDURES (Curbside Pick Up)
Upon reopening the Naval War College Library collections will be open to the public. The library will still provide curbside pickup and all items must be requested through the NWC Library online catalog. All items, including reference books and bound periodicals, will be made available during this time. These procedures only pertain to items owned by the Naval War College. Interlibrary loans will be handled differently due to security concerns.
Book Pick-up and Return Procedures for Patrons
1. Patrons will place items on hold in the NWC Library Primo Discovery website.
2. Circulation staff will pull items from shelf; check items out to patron; and place items in bag labeled with patron’s name. Patron will be notified by email if requested items are unavailable.
3. Circulation staff will notify patrons by email when checked out items are available for pick up.
4. Pick up location: Hewitt North Entrance across from the gravel parking lot.
5. Pick up times: Mon/Wed/Fri (1330 – 1530).
a. Items will be checked back in and returned to stacks if not picked up in five (5) business days.
b. Contact circulation staff (email@example.com) if unable to make designated pick up times.
6. Circulation staff will bring the cart of labeled and alphabetized checkouts to the pick up location but will not be present during the pick-up process.
7. To maintain safety precautions, patrons will retrieve their own items from the book cart while continuing to practice NWC safety measures (ie wearing a mask and maintaining at least 6’ distance from other patrons and circulation staff).
Items may be returned at any time by placing them in the ‘Book Return’ located at the Circulation Desk, or in the book return bin located inside the Hewitt North entrance doors.
1. Access the library catalog: Primo VE
2. Login to your library account. Instructions on logging in can be found here
3. To find items available at the NWC Library make sure to select “Library Catalog” in the search bar’s drop-down menu. Then select the item you would like to place on hold to access the item information page
4. Under the “How to Get It” section, select ‘Hold Request’.
5. Select ‘Send Request’ to route hold request to Circulation department.
6. Hold requests can be tracked, modified, or cancelled in the “My Requests” section:
Questions? Contact the Circulation Department at firstname.lastname@example.org