Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How to Find a Specific Journal
Looking for a specific magazine, journal, or newspaper? Search a comprehensive list of periodicals to find out if the Library has a specific publication in paper, microfilm, or electronic format. Journals & e-Journals includes:
- The titles of all periodicals the Library currently receives (or received at one time)
- Links to the electronic version of periodicals when available through a subscription database
- Go to the NWC Library home page
- Click on the Search Journals link located under the main search box at the top of the
SEARCHING FOR JOURNALS IN PRIMO VE
- Type the Name of the Journal you are looking for (NOT the title of the article) in search box.
- Click Search.
NOTE: You may also search for a particular periodical by Subject or by Browsing the list of titles.
Example: A search for the journal Foreign Affairs displays the following results:
From the above results one can see that Foreign Affairs from Volume 1 (1922) through the present is available in both print and microfilm format in the Naval War College Library. It is also available in electronic format from a variety of online sources.
- Always check the date range for periodical availability when selecting an electronic resource link.
- For electronic format select ProQuest if that option is given. ProQuest is a very user-friendly resource that links you directly to the periodical requested.
- Detailed information about the Library’s print or microform holding of a journal can be found by searching its Title in the Primo VE.